Prost!

So I have been brewing since the summer of 2006. Its passed being a hobby, I love the time I spend brewing. In the last few years brewing has become part of what I am.

Now on top of my love of homebrewing, I am beginning my move into the professional brewing scene with an expanding local craft brewery.

Mostly this blog will be talking about my brew days, any experiments that I work on and the process of getting into the professional world.



Friday, April 15, 2011

Sorachi Ace

It seems that these hops have popped up in several beers.  I am going to admit I just don't get them. Sorachi Ace wiki
Having a couple pints with a buddy, he was enjoying a Sorachi Pale Ale, the aroma was a great, lemon grassy, but the flavor was like licking cedar shavings.  I just don't understand the hop, but I was cheering the greatness of Nelson Sauvin last summer when others were looking at me funny.