Prost!

So I have been brewing since the summer of 2006. It has passed being a hobby, I love the time I spend brewing. In the last few years brewing has become part of what I am.

I spent a short stint with a small brewery and after a long hiatus from the world, things are starting to shape up toward a new revelation(revolution) in my brewing life. Come follow on the journey, I can't promise being heavily active but will try to keep posts interesting and informative.

Feel free to email at info@barefootlionbrewing.com or follow on Facebook




Facebook Feed

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Adaptation

So I went to pick up our APA(American Pale Ale) ingredients last night.  And guess what, well lets just say he was on vacation last week and his shipment was due today.  So Adaptation, some slight changes in plan, grabbed some Marris Otter in place of the North American 2-Row, and for a good price, and actually its a more interesting malt in my opinion.

Berliner spending some alone time.
No 001...uh oh that's the house yeast...I could pitch on top of the cake from the Berliner, but its been lazy and hasn't been cleaning up after itself, and needed so more time by itself.  Green apple Berliner not that great.  Well we have the British base malt in there, and boy its smelling great getting milled.  Let's check out the frdge...007 why not boost up that British character.

Hops I have those covered...but well we've messed with everything else so why leave those alone.  No British hops in the freezer, but Nelson Sauvin, was planning on using them anyway for a dry hop and they are amazing.  I was just having a discussion with someone yesterday that our local brew pub's all Nelson IPA was the best they have done in a while.

And so was born Full Nelson Britsh Pale Ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment